Monday, August 6, 2012

Weekend Recap

i kicked off the weekend first thing Saturday morning by making this delicious baked french toast. i think it was a hit (and made for even better leftovers later on that evening!).

after dinner at my favorite mexican joint, we enjoyed the warm summer evening and walked around downtown. i love all of the little quaint store fronts and could window shop there for hours on end.

spent lots of time lounging in my parents backyard - so very relaxing and just what i needed :). oh and i finished this book and absolutely loved it.

over coffee with my best friend Sunday morning, she asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding (i obviously said YES!!).

enjoyed a home-cooked meal with my whole family. followed by some frozen yogurt for dessert. 
p.s. how cute is my mom's table?!

this long weekend was just what i needed: a much needed break, time for relaxation and rejuvenation. away from the hustle and bustle, a chance to shift through my thoughts, and dreams, and goals. i absolutely adore spending time with my family and feel so lucky to be able to just hop on a short, hour long flight and be home so quickly and easily. now its back to LA... where i was greeted this morning with a bright, clear blue sky and a warm, sunny morning. this week's going to be a good one! xo.

{Photos: my iPhone}

No comments:

Post a Comment