Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Very First Beach Cruiser


The last time I got a bike I was about seven or eight years old and it was Christmas morning. My dad took my brother (who, despite being four years younger than me, is incredibly athletic and coordinated, so he, too, was ready for a bike with no training wheels!) and I outside so we could take our new set of wheels for a spin. I remember it being an absolute blast and thinking that I would want to ride my little pink bike forever and ever... until of course, just days later, said brother decided to hop on my bike and proceeded to take it for a swim in our pool after cutting a corner a little too close (so much for that incredible coordination, huh?!). He ended up being just fine, although soaking wet, and he even claimed to have given my little bike a good wash in the pool ;)


Anyways, the past weekend I got my very first beach cruiser (complete with the cutest wicker basket!) and I absolutely love love love it!!! I haven't had a bike since I was a little girl, but all of the excitement quickly flooded back to me as I hopped on and rode towards to the beach. We popped on to the strand and enjoyed the hot, sunny weather in Santa Monica and Venice. It was a blast :) Complete with a quick pit stop for an ice cold, fountain diet coke and my favorite Toll House cookie sandwich!

{Photos: my iPhone pics}

No comments:

Post a Comment